posted Jan 17, 2012, 6:39 AM by Lawrence Esplin
How to get the most out of Quick Info Reports:
Choosing the right report
- Quick Info reports are grouped by function into categories. Categories include: Assessment, Assessment Secondary, Athletics, Attendance, Clearinghouse, Current, Selection Filter Reports, District Wide Info, Effort Grades Intermediate Schools, Federal CRDC, Gradebook, Health, Information, Other, Scheduling Future, Scheduling Live, Special Programs, Student Lists, Transcripts and Grades
- There are two types of Quick Info Reports. Current Selection Reports (CS) reports and Query Reports.
- Current Selection reports use student records selected by the user to generate reports. Teacher reports fall into this category. If no students are selected a CS report will not return data.
- Query Reports select student records using the users location, term and parameters to derive a selection.
- The image blow shows Assessment Reports including some Current Selection marked (CS) and Query reports with no type indicator.
- Parameters allow the user to pre filter rows retured by the report.
- All parameters must be complete or the report may not function properly. Parameters are case sensitive.
- The following example shows the parameters for Attendance Points Query. All the parameters for this report must be numeric.
Ordering Rows and Report Header Information
- Ordering or sorting rows based on the data in a columns is accomplished by clicking on the column title. The most current sort replaces the previous sort. To return to the original simply order by the row number.
- Just above the column headers is a count of visible rows.
- Help and the Display Column links is above Display Rows.
- Parameter values are displayed under the Report Title.
- Rows can be filtered by entering text in the box below the column header. The selection is reset based on the value.
- Operators can be used in conjunction with text to find values > greater then, < less than, ! not equal to the entered value. The operator is entered before the value. In the example below the rows are filtered bases on EXP = 1 and Att Points > 09. Notice the filtered columns are highlighted and three rows are displayed.
- To hide columns just click on the Display Columns' Link. Uncheck the columns you want to hide. To restore the column check it. The SelectStudentID_ should not be checked. To close the window click on the click again or click close.
Using the Filtered Selection In PowerSchool
- Students in the filtered selection can be made the current PowerSchool Selection by clicking on
Exporting Data and Using the Filtered Selection In PowerSchool
- To export the report click on Export to CSV. The CSV file created will be ready to open in Excel or Open Office.
- Students in the filtered selection can be made the current PowerSchool Selection by clicking on Make Filtered Selection.