posted Apr 20, 2009, 2:46 PM by Lawrence Esplin
The following is an outline of the April 21 Principals' Meeting technology notes. We will add links and information to this item as it becomes available.
PowerSchool Help Page introduction and notification. Point your browser to http://pstrain.washk12.org (JB)
- Email to groups impacted by changes and enhancements.
- Notification of PowerSchool Server updates and downtime.
- The Technology Team will try and post a note to this page within ten minutes of identifying a problem. The note will include an estimated down time. If nothing is posted and you have been down for 15 minutes or more please call. Repeated calls take time that we need to diagnose and resolve problems. Thank you for your patience as we resolve these issues.
- Scheduled service interruptions will be posted at least a day before implementing.
- RSS feed
- District level reports (KK)
- School level reports - Secondary and Elementary (JB)
Special Program Reports - Audits and Medicaid
Student Reports - Grades and Attendance from SIS 2007 & 2008
- Quick sqlReports - Easy to modify custom reports with parameters for querying data. (LE)
Many of the Quick reports are in response to user requests for scheduling and graduation help.
Parent and Student Email Addresses - Non Electronic Communication Fee (CR)
- Email Reports (JB)
- Push for teachers
- Push for at-risk students (progress reports sent before the weekend for students earning D and F grades)
- Next step Push for administrators based on WCSD results or user searches.
- Care in sending any type of mass report
- Restricted to what groups? Principals, Counselors
With the effort to create email reports and improve parent/school communications it is critical that we encourage parents and students to provide PowerSchool with current email addresses. A fee can be charged at registration for non-electronic communication. This has been added to the fee schedule to provide parents with an incentive to take all school communication electronically. Progress reports and even report cards can be sent home electronically.
PowerTeacher changes (LE)
- Custom grade scale based on default grade scale
PowerTeacher 1.5 allows teachers add customized grade scales to their classes. The custom scales can be applied to an individual student or to the whole class.Add a Custom ...
- Citizenship moved to GradeBook
Citizenship has been added to PowerTeacher.It will only show up for schools that have enabled "Show Citizenship Grade" on their Current Grade Display settings.If you have any questions ...
- Groups auto setup for printing individual reports
- Some Other Changes:
Section ready for Report Card, Final Grade and comment report, Spell Check, School Content, Teacher Content, Web Links, Copy Links, Group Filtering down to student level, Category Filtering, Fill Scores enhanced, Score Inspector, Mouse Over Comments, Import Scores, Missing Assignment Report, many other..
SAMS Update (KK)
Digital bridge cleared data imported from PowerSchool and started over adding SIS data from 2007 and 2008 before adding PowerSchool. This will give us access to test data linked in 2007 and 2008. The process may take a week or two longer but will provide us with tests linked to classes from the 2006-2007 school year.
Training and Suggestions (KK)
We know schools are busy scheduling and preparing for graduation. If you or your staff need help or have suggestions for a report that could help you better use the available data please email or call: Lawrence Esplin firstname.lastname@example.org 674-6474 x 324, Jim Black email@example.com or Ken Kirkeby firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do offer technology training for your staff in a number of areas. You can schedule us to do some of your professional development and provide training down to the PLC level. Areas of training include PowerSchool, Google Mail, Google Documents, and Google Sites. These are great collaboration tools that could dramatically alter the way your staff and PLCs interact.
Technology Training for Teachers (CR)
Many of the technology classes offered this summer are still open for enrollment. We suggest you share the following URL with teachers that are interested in taking classes this summer:
Participants who successfully complete the courses earn 5000 level credit (professional development) through SUU.