When PowerSchool was first released teachers could create but not view discipline logs. This worked for administrators for discipline but excluded teachers from using logs to track students and provide information pertaining to students and the education process. Counselors and administrative users were able to add notes but they were not available for teachers.
During the 2011-2012 school year options for teachers to add and review some log type were explored. Teachers now have access to Disciplin Logs they create and full access to all Intervention and HAL logs. Teachers can view but not edit SEOP and Attendance Logs.
Creating Intervention Logs
- Step 1 - Open the student Backpack for the class you want to work with.
- Step 2 - Choose Submit Log Entry from the screen choice pull down.
- Step 3 - Make sure to choose a type and subtype and fill in the title and the description. Describe the intervention including: objective, duration, participation, student attitude and outcomes. A little time will go a long way to make your intervention valuable to you and future teachers and administrators.
- Step 4 - At present teachers can only create but not edit logs so make sure you have it right before submitting.
Using Intervention Logs
- Do interventions affect standards performance?
- Do Interventions affect student attitudes?
- Do Interventions affect assessment scores?