posted Aug 2, 2016, 8:41 AM by Lawrence Esplin
updated Aug 3, 2016, 8:14 AM
PowerSchool Top Ten List for 2016-2017
- Breath often and deep. If you hyperventilate find a paper bag. Do not use plastic.
- Teacher and Staff PowerSchool Passwords (LDAP). See James' message below and on the PowerSchool login screen.
Transfer Documentation - Use Quick Info Report as a reminder to check on TO, TH, TC, TP, TR, TR. By the end of the year undocumented transfers are DO or UN. TD will check if the transfer is not complete. Entry documentation? Use phone to scan documents and add to PowerSchool. 10 day rule and ramifications (X and Class Enrollment). Secondary and Elementary schools.
- If you have a district email address, your username is now the first part of your email address before @washk12.org. Eg. firstname.lastname@example.org would use sally.teacher as the username. If you still can't sign in, reset your password
10 day rule and ramifications. Secondary and Elementary
PowerTeacher Pro - New for teachers, resources are available online.Student Attendance Process - Clear and archive last year's date before starting. Wait a week or two before starting.
- New Teachers (created when SunGuard Record is Complete) and Transfers (use Add Staff to School link)
- Master Schedules
- (Delete Section Password - only-empty)
- The easiest way to change a teacher is to change the teacher. Not to add a new Lead Teacher and delete the old one or delete the section and create a new section.
- Student Schedules (Review mass enroll)
PowerSchool Form Letters and Labels - Please never change or steal District Wide Reports
Quick Info Reports - At Risk, Student Locators (added bus#), Current Selection Filter Reports. We will be pruning out unused and duplicate reports in the fall.
Third Thursday PowerSchool open discussion and training. Tech computer Lab 7:30am and 3:30 PM?Questions
Thank you for everything you do to keep the schools running and the state auditors happy.